Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Embroidery Tip


I'm still working on these embroidered pillowcases. One is finished and this one is now more than halfway completed. Although these have been in my workbasket for some time, for some reason, this set has been so slow...

Here is the tip. Do you see my pincushion? I find dry sponges to be so handy to keep the needles for my embroidery projects. I think dividing the embroidery thread and then threading the needle is such a chore, so I like to do several needles at once. I just cut a regular sized cellulose sponge into smaller pieces and find these perfect for holding many threaded needles. I can even wrap the threads around the sponge to keep them from tangling. It isn't very fancy, but it is cheap and convenient!

6 comments:

  1. Love that! A very cool idea. :-) I've always just stuck the needle in my work, but I never liked that because then I might lose the needle, poke myself, etc. I really like this idea... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful piece! Love the embroidery you are doing on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely embroidery! Thanks for the tip ! Also, thank you for answering my question about your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just found your website and am in total awe. What wonderful hand work you do. I love the pattern that you are working on. Could you please tell me where you found the pattern? Since I have no granddaughters, I am starting ones for my two grandsons. I know it will be a bit different from a girls hope chest, but I want to feel it with things from their Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful that you want to do hope chest items for your grandsons. They will love it I'm sure! These pillowcases were preprinted and came from Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure of the manufacturer - I'll check and post a later comment.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...