Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Peek Inside - The Next Kitchen Set


This is the first fabric I purchased for the hope chest. I love these colors together. Miss Abigail isn't loving florals right now. She thinks they are a little old fashioned. For some reason Abigail is loving leopard print and rhinestones!  I grew up with avocado shag carpet in a kitchen with gold appliances and I hated avocado green. Funny thing that I like it now and will admit that my mom had a great sense of design. I'm hoping that Abigail's mind will change at least enough to include flowers in what she eventually loves.

So I have been working in a round-about way on this set since the beginning. I'm always on the lookout for things to match it and have quite a few things finished. I've decided that the time has come to deliberately finish it up and show the pictures. The hope chest is beginning to be full! This is good news, but too many of these random items need to be placed in a finished set, wrapped up and off my mind! So my goal for January is to finish up this pretty Floral set. The first peek inside is a set of four embroidered dishtowels.



5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Did you have a transfer, or make your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is beautiful! I love the fabric and the embroidery is so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments. Kath- I traced the flowers from the fabric, then used a transfer pen to trace the outline onto the dishtowel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...