Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Stenciled Snowflake Dishtowel


Just thought I would show you my recent, very last minute gift idea. I needed wrapping for a gift for a cook.  I had purchased a specialty snowflake cake pan but wanted to add a handmade touch as well. I thought a stenciled dishtowel would fit both requirements nicely. I always have blank dishtowels handy! I first used Tulip spray fabric paint to spritz a blue blizzard in the background. Then I used a thin plastic snowflake stencil and  a couple of different colors of Tulip soft fabric paint to stenciled several snowflakes around the edges and in the corners of the dishtowel. This fabric paint dries very quickly and I was able to wrap the gift after just four hours. Now I think I want to do a snowflake set for the hope chest!


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I need to go to NM and let you give me some tutorials! (Or should that be MAKE you give me some tutorials? haha!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...